Friday, 29 July 2011

VHF radio course and pre-race prep

On 20th July I was back at Gosport again to do my VHF radio course. This had been postponed after Crew Allocation in April took place on the Saturday when I should have done it. The course was very interesting. We all had a go at making and receiving calls on a radio and there was a short written exam at the end of the course. That's another certificate for my logbook!

On 25th and 26th July I was also back at the Marina to help with pre-race jobs on the boat. Some of the Round the World and Leg 1 people are already staying on the boat so there were lots of people busying around. One of my jobs was wrapping and knotting cord around the entire pulpit (front metal framework) of the boat to make it less slippery for the foredeck crew. It took hours but was well worth it as it looks good too.

I also took the opportunity to deliver a pair of flags for the boat - a St George and a Yorkshire flag that I hope will be flown with pride all around the world!

2 comments:

  1. The question is ..... where did your flags come from??? Is the answer obvious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I put my skills to good use!

    ReplyDelete